Sunday, July 29, 2012

5 months and counting!

I am officially more than half way through. I know that time flies WAY. TOO. FAST, but that normally doesn't count when your pregnant, in the summer. I can honestly say though that this is going fast. I often wonder if it's because I don't have the added stress of baby preparations or maybe it's because the anxiousness of awaiting my new baby isn't there. Of course I am anxious to see these precious little ones, but it's just not the same as if it were my own. No matter which, I just can't believe that in 17 weeks, this surrogate journey will be at the end.

Mom and I went to my 5 month ultrasound this week. Since everyone has been telling me that I am measuring small, I was kind of curious to see what the doctor would say about the sizes of the babies.
Thankfully they are doing great, measuring right on target and I just will embrace my small bump because i'm sure it probably isn't going to last.

Little mans heartbeat was 148 and little ladies was 142. They were busy moving around the whole time putting on quite a show for their mama.

I have been feeling really great for the most part. No sickness, no soreness, just starting to get tired earlier and feeling a bit stretched out at times. Comes with the territory. Never been pregnant with twins before, I'm actually a little shocked at how great I am doing so far. It's very hard for me to sit and relax. I always have to be doing something. Tonight I was out pulling weeds, digging holes for flowers and just finally making the outside of our house look nice. One of our neighbors came by and said "You have got to be the most active pregnant woman I know", made me chuckle. Kind of hard to just sit anyhow when every other minute one of my two are yelling Mom, Mom, MOOOOOM!!!!!!
I know the time is coming that i will have to relax for both me and the babies, but for now - i'm enjoying having the energy.




No comments:

Post a Comment