Thursday, July 21, 2011

A Second Chance???

I'm Back!!! I cannot believe the way that some things are working out right now. I don't want to get too overly excited just yet but here's the scoop...

Idah - who is the intended mom from my first possible surrogacy journey has been in contact with me over the past few weeks. See below if you forget. Due to the starting of a new journey, I really just had to put her in the back of my mind. Even though deep down I really wanted to be her surrogate, the new family was great and we had already begun the process. So when it didn't work out (with 2nd family) and then at the same time, Idah had been reaching out to me - it was so weird. I do always believe that things happen for a reason, but this to me was and still is just so weird.

I talked to Idah yesterday and told her i want to move forward with her. This has been such a roller coaster but here we go again. I will have an exam at her clinic, but we are hoping, praying, fingers & toes crossing that this is going to all work out and the enfamous spot is gone or not an issue.
I truly cannot believe that this has circled around like this.

Today at lunch, Idah called me. She is so happy right now and she is just such a sweet sweet woman! She is African and has a deep deep accent. I love our conversations. This just feels so right. Ok anyhow..when she called me I couldnt believe what she asked me.
Idah and her husband will be using an egg donor AND a sperm donor. I'm not sure how out of the norm this is, but i think at first the clinic was not going to allow it to happen - which is part of the reason this journey ended the first time. Supposedly, they are allowing it and hence the reason we're here now.
She asked me to go to this website she was given and help them find the perfect sperm donor! What an experience. We had a lot of fun and even think we found one. She has to call her clinic tomorrow and we will see if she can use him. She already has her egg donor picked so they have to have matching or able to paired up blood types and i'm sure there is more to it than that. She then called me and left me a voicemail later in the day that she is overjoyed and so anxious. Well Idah..so is this chic!!!

Soooo...Don't stop reading now - we are starting another journey!!

No comments:

Post a Comment