Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Moving On

Monday morning I woke up at the butt crack for my drive to Bel Air, MD for my ultrasound & bloodwork. Much thanks to mom for sleeping over sunday night to be here with the kids until Tim got home.
The drive is just about an hour and the appointments usually are not even 10 minutes.
She did my ultrasound which showed that everything looked fine but my uterine lining was still a little thick which was from my previous mock cycle. When i leave there, I still really have no idea what this means or what is going on. Since the person performing the US (ultrasound) is not my doctor, she cannot really discuss anything with me. So i leave and wait. and wait. and wait. Finally around 2:00 my nurse called me. Of course i can't answer because I'm at work so i wait. and wait. and wait some more.
My nurse says that the doctor thinks i just need a little progesterone to get me to ovulate and get my period. I had to pick up the script monday night and take one pill for 5 days. Tuesday morning I took my pill right after I got to work which was around 8:30. Literally at like 9:30 - i got my period. Coincidence? Not sure. Happy? Absolutely! I excitely emailed my nurse who called me back and told me it was time to start the mock cycle. I am over the moon! So starting today i have 2 different meds to take. The first is called Estrace. This is a small blue tablet that weirdly enough actually is a vaginal pill that I enter 2 times a day and the other is Del Estrogen which is in the form of an injection right in the upper area of my butt cheek, that I get once every 3 days. I posted pics of this one in an earlier post.
I will go july 6th for the followup on this and we go from there.

No comments:

Post a Comment